Service 412: Timetable Changes
2nd October 1976
Malvern depot closedShow All
Midland Red Omnibus Company Limited (MROC) closed Malvern depot at the end of operations on Friday 1st October 1976. All local â€œMâ€-prefix services are withdrawn, and a number of long-distance services in the area are either withdrawn or cut-back. From Saturday 2nd October 1976, a new network of services in the Malvern area is introduced, operated by Worcester depot.
- The Worcester to Malvern Wells section of Service 144 is withdrawn and partly replaced by new Service 412 running between Worcester, Powick, Malvern Link and Great Malvern (Post Office). This new service also runs via Sherrards Green, Pound Bank and Barnards Green to replace withdrawn Service M13.
13th January 1979
â€œSevernLinkâ€ Market Analysis ProjectShow All
On Saturday 13th January 1979, Midland Red Omnibus Company Limited (MROC) introduced the â€œSevernLinkâ€ Market Analysis Project (MAP) scheme in the Worcester, Bromsgrove and Malvern areas.
- Service 412 and Service 413 (Worcester, Malvern Link and Great Malvern) are withdrawn and partly replaced by extending Service 144 from Worcester to Great Malvern, running via Powick, Malvern Link, Pound Bank and Barnards Green. Two morning peak-time Service 144 journeys continue to Malvern Wells.
22nd February 1997
- New Service 411 running between Hereford and Orcop Hill, and Service 412 running between Hereford, Garway Common and Broad Oak, are introduced as part of a Hereford & Worcester County Council contract.
17th February 2003
- Most journeys on Service 440 (Hereford, Abbeydore and Longtown) are withdrawn, leaving only school journeys between Hereford and Michaelchurch Escley. The route for off-peak Wednesday, Friday and Saturday journeys of Service 412 is changed to run via Kilpeck as a partial replacement.
1st September 2003
County Council contracts changesShow All
First Midland Red Buses Limited won several new contracts from Worcestershire County Council. Most of these were previously operated by Probus Management Limited (trading as Peteâ€™s Travel), who withdrew from all of their contract work in Worcestershire at this time. Other contracts were won or lost from Herefordshire County Council.
- Herefordshire County Council contract to operate Service 412 (Hereford and Garway) is lost by First Midland Red Buses Limited and the service is withdrawn.