All Services: Timetable Changes
2nd October 1976
Malvern depot closed
Midland Red Omnibus Company Limited (MROC) closed Malvern depot at the end of operations on Friday 1st October 1976. All local â€œMâ€-prefix services are withdrawn, and a number of long-distance services in the area are either withdrawn or cut-back. From Saturday 2nd October 1976, a new network of services in the Malvern area is introduced, operated by Worcester depot.
- The Worcester to Malvern Wells section of Service 144 is withdrawn and partly replaced by new Service 412 running between Worcester, Powick, Malvern Link and Great Malvern (Post Office). This new service also runs via Sherrards Green, Pound Bank and Barnards Green to replace withdrawn Service M13.
- The Great Malvern to Malvern Wells section of Service 144, and withdrawn Service M16 (Great Malvern to West Malvern) are partly replaced by new Service 478 running between Ledbury, Colwall, West Malvern, Great Malvern and Malvern Wells.
- Works Service A43 is withdrawn.
- New Service 408 is introduced, running between Great Malvern, Belmont, and Malvern Link. This replaces withdrawn Service M12, Service M33, and the Malvern Link section of Service M13.
- Service 363 is withdrawn Monday to Friday. On Saturdays, the route is changed to run to Upton-On-Severn.
- Service 364 is withdrawn.
- Service 365 is withdrawn.
- Service 380 is withdrawn and partly replaced from Wednesday 15th December 1976 by a minibus service operated by Bayley, with funding from Hereford & Worcester County Council.
- New Sunday-only Service 413 is introduced, running hourly between Worcester, Powick, Malvern Link, Belmont and Great Malvern.