In the early 1930s, Service 410 was operated by Birmingham and Midland Motor Omnibus Company Limited (BMMO—Midland “Red” Motor Services) as a variation of Service 417, running between Worcester and Hereford mostly over the 417 route, but via Ashperton and Canon Frome between Bosbury and Tarrington, with Ledbury not being serviced. The service ran on Wednesdays only for Hereford Market Day, and had been withdrawn by mid-1933.
Exact dates of operation are unknown.
|July||1930||Worcester ↔ Bosbury ↔ Ashperton ↔ Hereford|
Birmingham and Midland Motor Omnibus Company Limited (BMMO—Midland “Red” Motor Services) introduced new Service 410 on Monday 26th September 1938, running on Saturdays only between Worcester, Martley Hillside, Shelsley Beauchamp, Stanford Bridge, and Orleton.
In the mid-1960s[Exact Date Needed], the route was shortened to run only as far as Shelsley Beauchamp, and the service was withdrawn on Saturday 3rd April 1971.
|September||1938||Worcester ↔ Shelsley Beauchamp ↔ Stanford Bridge ↔ Orleton|
|October||1949||Worcester ↔ Shelsley Beauchamp ↔ Stanford Bridge ↔ Stanford|
|June||1957||Worcester ↔ Shelsley Beauchamp ↔ Stanford Bridge ↔ Stanford|
|May||1966||Worcester ↔ Shelsley Beauchamp ↔ Stanford Bridge|
New Service 410 was introduced by Midland Red Omnibus Company Limited (MROC) as a local Malvern area service operated by Worcester depot from Saturday 2nd October 1976, following the closure of Malvern depot and the withdrawal of all local â€˜Mâ€™-prefix Malvern area services at the end of operations on the day before.
The service operated from Great Malvern (Worcester Road, near Foley Arms) to Barnards Green via Sherrards Green (Langland Arms), and then a circular route to Peachfield Road (Bus Shelter), running via Brook Farm and Poolbrook on the outbound part of the journey, and via St. Andrews Road back to Barnards Green. From there it returned to Great Malvern (Post Office) over the same route as the outbound journey.
Service 410 operated every two-hours, Mondays to Saturdays, with Service 409 running in the opposite direction inter-worked to give a combined hourly frequency. Initially evening journeys were operated, but these had been withdrawn by Saturday 21st May 1977 due to lack of demand. Neither Service 409 or Service 410 ran on Sundays.
On Saturday 13th January 1979, Midland Red Omnibus Company Limited (MROC) introduced their â€œSeverlinkâ€ Market Analysis Project (MAP) in the Worcester, Bromsgrove and Malvern area. At this time, Service 409 and Service 410 were both withdrawn and replaced, in part, by new Service M1 and Service M3.
Other new routes introduced on Saturday 2nd October 1976 with the closure of Malvern depotâ€¦
Service 408: Great Malvern, Belmont, Malvern Link, Lower Howsell
Service 409: Great Malvern, Barnards Green, Poolbrook circular
Service 412: Worcester, Powick, Malvern Link, Barnards Green, Great Malvern
Service 413: Worcester, Powick, Malvern Link, Belmont, Great Malvern (Sundays only)
Service 478: Great Malvern, West Malvern, Colwall, Ledbury
|May||1977||Great Malvern → Poolbrook → Great Malvern|